|Job title:||Digital Editor (Rooi Rose)|
Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is an independent magazine and digital publishing company responsible for some of the best-performing titles. We are currently looking for a Digital Editor for our Rooi Rose brand.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Managing and planning digital editorial content.
· Brainstorm and produce various digital content that is fresh, relevant and on-trend.
· Assist with the management of various social media platforms (scheduling, writing captions and community management).
· Keep up to date with digital trends in order to keep the digital content vibrant and engaging.
· Attend and digitally document events and shoots on behalf of the brand.
• Approve and schedule commercial content.
• Write articles for the digital platforms when required.
· Tertiary qualification in journalism and/or digital marketing, with a strong interest in the digital sphere, specifically social media.
· Proficient in WordPress and trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and YouTube).
· Excellent Afrikaans writing and copy-editing skills, as well as organisational skills.
· Proactive and self-disciplined with a strong sense of responsibility.
· Able to work accurately under deadline pressure.
· They should be creative and familiar with digital trends and work with the editor, to constantly improve the digital numbers.
· Have a clear understanding of the online news production environment, particularly in terms of how fast-paced it is
· Able to interview and write unique content, aggregate and edit copy
· Able to write clear Afrikaans copy