|Job title:||Editor CAR Magazine|
Highbury Media is looking for an Editor for South Africa's most prestigious motoring brand. The Editor will be involved in shaping the direction of Car's overall portfolio, both digital and print, and collaboratively take the brand to the next level. Fundamental to the role is the ability to think strategically, understand the bigger picture, create a workable medium and long-term vision and motivate and inspire others to succeed in that vision. Building an industry-leading digital team will be a priority. The position is based in Cape Town.
· Set content and operations strategies for the monthly print title.
· In collaboration with the Digital Editor and wider digital team, oversee daily content and operations strategies for the online platform.
· Work enthusiastically towards the continued editorial integration of print and digital.
· Contribute authoritatively (writing, video, columns, various other forms of content) across all platforms.
· Collaborate daily with the Sales Manager to ensure commercial opportunities are identified and actioned.
· Build strong, loyal relationships with key freelancers and content providers.
· Build lasting, collaborative relationships with manufacturers and key advertisers.
· Identify new in-house editorial and business collaborations with other Highbury titles and platforms.
· Create a positive, energetic, collaborative team environment.
· Manage and oversee the Car editorial content team.
· Ensure Car's vision and goals are known to the wider company and community.
· Be the face of the brand when necessary.
Skills and experience
· Proven experience in editorial leadership roles.
· Outstanding writing skills.
· Competent subbing skills
· Knowledge of Google docs, design and layout platforms
· Comprehensive knowledge of the South African and global motoring environment.
· Established contacts in both media and motoring.
· First-class communication skills, both on the macro and micro level.
· A can-do, problem-solving mindset.
· The ability to identify and implement novel editorial and commercial opportunities.
· Ability to think strategically and communicate easily and regularly with management and the sales team.
· Flexibility and comfort with digital tools and the digital environment
· Thorough understanding of social media and other content platforms.
About the company Established in 1996, Cape Town-based Highbury Media is one of the country's largest media companies, with a broad portfolio of platforms across print and digital, including Getaway, Car, Cape Etc, Rooi Rose, Women&Home, Garden&Home, Food&Home, Popular Mechanics, SA Rugby, SA Cricket and African Insider.
Apply online or send your CV to [email protected]