Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is an independent magazine and digital publishing company responsible for some of the best performing titles. We are currently looking for a communications intern for our HR department.
The successful candidate will be exposed to:
- Creating content & send all internal communication emails
- Creating internal surveys
- Implementing relevant intranet updates
- Daily scheduling and posting of content
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Proactively engage with editors and/or writers to share newsworthy events
- Ad hoc HR admin
- Tertiary qualification in English and/or journalism with a strong interest in digital sphere, specifically social media.
- Knowledge of design/multi-media studies.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and organisational skills
- Proactive and self-disciplined with a strong sense of responsibility
- Able to work accurately under deadline pressure
- Competent in InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong story telling and research skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Mail chimp experience
- Ability to build good rapport with staff
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team