Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is SA’s largest independent magazine and digital publishing company responsible for some of the country’s most-loved and best-performing titles. Established 64 years ago, CAR is SA’s longest-running motoring magazine and an opinion-forming consumer and automotive-interest title. We are currently looking for a Journalist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching and writing articles for CAR magazine and the CAR magazine website.
- Assisting on shoots and videos for CAR magazine and CAR magazine website.
- Assisting our road test engineers in road testing, including weighing, measuring vehicles, recording specification features and road test data
- A tertiary qualification in English or journalism
- Work experience in the motoring media.
- Ability and willingness to work hours as dictated by prevailing news trends.
- Excellent writing, communication, copy editing, organisational and motivational skills.
- Proficiency in WordPress CMS, Excel, Photoshop, trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc) and the Mac operating system.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Affinity Publisher, and basic video editing is a bonus.
- Excellent technical knowledge of motor vehicles.
- A passion for driving and motoring media.