Highbury Media is relaunching a well-established women’s magazine, and needs someone to join the team to work on the print and digital aspects of the magazine.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Assist the editor with all administrative and editorial tasks
Brainstorm feature ideas
• Research, interview and compile feature articles, reviews and snippets across print and digital
• Commission freelance writers, according to the editor's synopsis and budget plan
• Draw up and update editorial progress and budget sheets
• Manage deadlines according to the magazine's production schedule
Managing workflow between the copy editing and design teams
• Daily posting and monitoring content generation across all the relevant platforms, monitoring and facilitating engagement across all relevant platforms, assisting in the brainstorming of new social media initiatives and campaigns.
• Brainstorming content ideas and generating content for the website on a daily basis, sourcing and editing relevant images and videos.
• Editing incoming copy and proofreading page layouts, ensuring grammar, style and tone are correct
• Three-year tertiary qualification in English or journalism
• Work experience in the publishing industry is an advantage
• Excellent copy editing, writing and organisational skills
• Able to work accurately under deadline pressure and willing to work overtime when necessary
• Proactive and self-disciplined with a strong sense of responsibility
• Proficient in Affinity and the Mac operating system