Ramsay Media, independent media publishers, have an exciting and challenging opportunity within the Getaway team – South Africa's leading travel magazine of outstanding quality in which holiday, adventure travel and eco-tourism in Africa and beyond are identified and accurately reported on for the benefit and convenience of readers.
Getaway is looking for an exceptional candidate to join the team as Photojournalist. The successful candidate will report to the Editor, and be based in Ndabeni, Cape Town.
You will need to have excellent writing and photographic skills, together with a passion for the outdoors and travel.
• Initiating, researching and travelling (local and some international) for features
• Collecting, editing and presenting material and monthly columns for publication – words and images
• Acting as a senior photographer
• Fulfilling a role as part of the creative team, delivering the Getaway editorial strategy and vision
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Relevant tertiary qualification in journalism
• Excellent writing skills, with a passion for travel and the outdoors as subjects
• A great ability to weave stories
• Proficient in photography, and confident in own photographic skills
• Ability to interpret a subject and communicate meaning through photographs and images
• Previous travel photojournalism experience advantageous
• Computer literacy essential
• Valid driver’s license
• Willingness and availability to travel regularly (and handle own travel plans)
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your application, accompanied by an updated CV, and great examples of your writing and images (or the link to your online portfolio) on our careers portal