|Job Type:||Contract - 6 Months|
Ramsay Media has been dedicated to market-leading, special interest publishing since 1933, and now it’s your time to become part of a winning team.
We are seeking an editorial intern to join Popular Mechanics.
If you have a creative flare, a general understanding of engineering, science and how things work, and can identify with the label ‘geek’, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be exposed to the following:
· Copy editing
· Brainstorming and pitching original content for all brand platforms
· Feature writing
· Product reviews
· Online content creation
· Video production
· Investigative journalism
· A tertiary qualification in English or Journalism, or both, with an understanding of the Popular Mechanics Brand. Suitable qualifications in other fields will be considered, too.
· A proactive and self-disciplined attitude.
· A willingness to learn.
· A creative imagination.
· A general understanding of and interest in engineering, technology, science, the outdoors, and DIY.
· Excellent writing and organisational skills.
· The ability to work under the pressures of deadlines, following the direction of senior team members, and on your own.
· Work experience in the media industry would be an advantage.
· A thorough knowledge of social media platforms, and the ability to identify and share relevant trending content.
· A basic understanding of SEO practices and Google Analytics.
· Having access to a personal vehicle would be a plus.