Highbury Media is looking for a digital intern to join their dynamic team of lifestyle editors and digital editors. The team work on the magazines published for The Foschini Group – an exciting, innovative stable of monthly magazines that are topical, relevant and cutting edge.
The successful candidate will be exposed to:
• Daily posting and monitoring content generation across all the relevant platforms for several leading online platforms, monitoring and facilitating engagement across all relevant platforms, assisting in the brainstorming of new social media initiatives and campaigns.
• Brainstorming content ideas and generating content for the website on a daily basis, sourcing and editing relevant images and videos.
• Brainstorming and pitching content ideas for five online platforms, writing content tailored to various audiences. These include news, lifestyle, tech
• Attend events, launches and reviews on behalf of the brand, incorporating social media when attending events, be an ambassador for the brands represented.
• Basic digital design, such as image resizing and creating original artwork
• Tertiary qualification in English and/or journalism with a strong interest in the digital sphere, both social media and content creation.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, WordPress CMS, trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest) and the Mac operating system.
• Excellent writing, copy-editing and organisational skills.
• Proactive and self-disciplined with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Able to work accurately under deadline pressure, within a team and willing to work overtime and one weekend a month.
• Work experience in the media industry is an advantage