Highbury Media is one of the largest independent magazine publishers, and we are looking to appoint an editor for our Livingspace magazine. The successful candidate should be highly organised, creative, charismatic and possess stellar language skills.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Generate ideas and conceptualise content for different platforms of Livingspace
- Input in the design, positioning and marketing of the Livngspace brand as well as all other extensions
- Client liaison
- Brainstorming feature ideas
- Drawing up and updating editorial progress and budget sheets
- Managing deadlines according to the magazine's production schedule
- Managing workflow between the copy editing and design teams
- Writing features and client content
- Editing incoming copy and proofreading page layouts, ensuring grammar, style and tone are correct
- Creating content for social media platforms
- Be up to date with all relevant content/launches/events, etc.
- Overall sign off of print and digital offerings
- Budget tracking processes in place and adhered to
- Three-year tertiary qualification in English or journalism
- A minimum of three - five year's work experience in the media industry
- Excellent copy-editing, writing and organisational skills
- Proficient in InDesign and the Mac operating system
- An interest in fashion and décor.