Highbury Media T/A Habari Media is a media powerhouse, whose world-class titles connect brands to targeted audiences.
We are seeking to appoint a Finance Intern residing in Cape Town, currently unemployed, and seeking to gain workplace experience to join its experienced and dynamic team of Creditors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Processing invoices on Sage Pastel
- Receive all invoices/credit notes.
- Confirm validity of the tax invoice/credit note & ensure that they have been dully approved
- Processing invoices/credit notes received using the correct allocations in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Reconciliation and payment of supplier accounts
- Follow up on all queries and keeping accounts up to date
Staff claims recon
- Receive all expense claims from staff members
- Confirm validity of expenses
- Ensure expense claims are approved by managers
- Submit for payment
Stock take and ordering
- Placing monthly stock orders i.e cleaning, confectionery, and stationery orders.
- Check that all orders were received correctly.
- Distribute stock accordingly
- Assist with any adhoc tasks
General reconciliation of expense accounts
- Assist with BBBEE
- Supplier Payments Sheet (Assist with BBBEE Audit) Journals
- Freelance Cost Recon
- Contributor Budget Recon
- Magazine Recons – All Companies
- Courier Recon – All companies
- Image Retainer
- Monthly Recipe journals
- Credit Card Statement Journal x12
- Work experience in a finance background
- Deadline driven
- Able to work under pressure
- Finance degree is beneficial but not necessary
- Techno savvy
- Professional etiquette
- Prior experience would be preferred
- SAIPA Trainees is beneficial but no neccessary