Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd T/A Habari Media is a media powerhouse, whose world-class titles connect brands to targeted audiences. We are seeking an editorial intern residing in Cape Town, currently unemployed, and seeking to gain workplace experience to join our dynamic Editorial team for Bona Magazine.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing online content for the website, which includes weekly newsletters, and additional social media content.
- Brainstorming and producing content that is fresh, relevant and on-trend for the digital readership.
- Managing social media for the brand.
- Driving readership numbers on the digital platform.
- Keeping up to date with digital trends in order to keep the website vibrant.
- Tertiary qualification in English and/or journalism with a strong interest in the digital sphere, specifically social media.
- Should be familiar with WordPress, trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, and YouTube).
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, and organisational skills.
- Proactive and self-disciplined with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Able to work accurately under deadline pressure and willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Have a good understanding of the brand's principles and should be able to curate the content so it expresses the pillars and tone.
- They should be creative and familiar with digital trends and work with the editor, to constantly improve the digital numbers.