Are you passionate about content creation and social media? We are seeking a Social Media/Content Creator Intern residing in Cape Town, currently unemployed, and seeking to gain workplace experience by joining our dynamic editorial team for Garden&Home Magazine (digital). Habari Media is a media powerhouse, whose world-class titles connect brands to targeted audiences.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Brainstorming creative concepts.
- Offering creative insight on how we can better our platforms and keep up to date with trends.
- Knowing the basics when it comes to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok. Knowledge around other platforms, like LinkedIn and Pinterest, will be beneficial.
- Being reasonably proficient when it comes to spelling, grammar and caption creation.
- Being willing to research market trends.
- Being willing to take initiative and investigate best marketing practices (paid posts, sponsored posts, collaborations, competitions etc).
- Spending time researching creative ways to make posts more visually appealing: Apps, Canva, etc.
- Being willing to learn how to schedule content in advance and adhere to an editorial schedule outlined by the Digital Editor/Lead Content Creator.
- Must be passionate about content creation, social media, and social media trends.
- Must be organized and dependable.
- Must be able to follow a schedule and remain flexible to quick changes.
- Must be able to work promptly and adhere to deadlines.
- Should be creative and familiar with digital trends.
- Must work with the editor to constantly improve the digital numbers.